Background to the programme
The ALE of Nancy meets 3000 people per year. The team has carried out a small survey with the visitors on the availability of tools to measure. The feedback has shown a large interest shown by the public in this service of where you use these tools at home.
Objectives of the programme
- To inform and raise awareness of the ecological energy issue through and original and playful method.
- To be able to establish a diagnosis from the information registered.
- To set up service, to trigger actions.
- "Appeal of the product" enable the activities of ALE to become better known.
- Buying of measuring materials: thermal camera, QAI register, CO measurer, anemometer, hygrometric material, eco-watt kit, electromagnetic field measurer, watt-meter, thermometer.
- Set up a simple loan system with a three day duration.
- Accompanying at the same time:
* Before the loan: inscription at a one and a half hour workshop demonstration and training in the how to use the material by a counsellor.
*After the loan: one hour interview with a ALE counsellor to establish a diagnosis based on the information registered.
- Communication with the local press.
Quantitative and qualitative results from the implemented actions
- 60 loans carried out in the first winter period of 2012, more than 100 reservations made for the winter period of 2013/2014: the reservation list is full.
- Word of mouth had a strong impact: speaking with neighbours.
- This initiative allowed the establishment of personalised aid before and after the loan, and the establishment of a diagnosis on scientific elements and not on the feelings of the person.
- The loan involved the user in concrete, dynamic action to remedy their energy performance problems.
- Very high satisfaction among users.
- Press mentions.
This free loan service, the tool training and analysis interviews enable ALE to counsel people on the ways to improve from reliable information without having to go into their home. It's a service which which gets people involved and enables a very good method to inform and raise awareness of energy savings.
Partnership(s) developed in the context of the programme
- Lorraine Region
- General Council 54
- Urban Community of Grand Nancy
- Community of communes of Sel and Vermois.
Difficulties and/or obstacles encountered during the programme’s implementation :
- Cost of insuring the materials.
- Management of loans, the material was sometimes returned late.
Solutions used to overcome the difficulties and/or obstacles :
- To solve the problem of the cost of the insurance, ALE has decided to not insure the material and set up a simplified procedure: the borrower signs a convention and leaves a cheque deposit. The eventual damage caused will be covered by the civil responsibility of the borrower. Up to now no damage has occurred, people show a great deal of respect when using the material.
Summary of factors responsible for the programme’s success :
- Investment in quality materials.
- Flexibility in the organisation of the work to make it possible to welcome people at the moment when they can return the material.
To know more
A budget: €10 066 spent of materials.
- Thermal camera FLIR E30bx: €2865 (1 camera bought in 2012, 2 extra in 2013)
- anemometer €55
- QAI reader €215
- CO measurer €135
- hygrometric material €230
- eco-watt kit €95
- electromagnetic measurer €